There are many tasks that members can help with at the yacht club if you have a little time to spare. These include permanent needs and “odd jobs.” If you think you can help out with any of these, please contact us at the club.
If you are able to help start / finish races we would like to hear from you. In addition, we would like to support members wanting to go on to become trained in race organisation, please enquire at the club for more details.
Help at Functions
We are looking for people wanting to volunteer at the club for helping to set up and run our club events. This includes working behind the bar for club races, and can lead to regular bar work for our club hires if desirable.
Odd Jobs (feel free to come in and help out!)
- Two toilet seats in the ladies toilet need attention
- Shelving in the back of the bar for the contents of the Lounge Cupboard and to house the new Bain Maries.
- Safety barrier for bar stairs.
Redecoration of the Club Rooms - Phase One
- Oars for the corridor – Tony
- Finishing off of foyer picture – Keith
- Install new light fittings. (New fittings in the office).
Redecoration of the Club Rooms – Phase Two
- Paint above windows around club rooms in Bokara Grey.
- A3, landscape sized pictures using photo text material club boats.
- Remove ‘Friends of Richmond’ wall coverings. Paint Bokara Grey. Put up A3, landscape pictures of the ‘Old Westhaven’ photos.
Redecoration of the Club Rooms – Phase Three
- Remove Lounge Cupboard
- Re-locate ‘Tea and Coffee’
- Turn area into ‘Reading Lounge’ with the ability to push aside when necessary.